This calorie-bomb backpacking trail mix recipe will leave you wanting more! Although, at 822 calories per serving, you won’t go hungry.
Aloha Trail Mix
Rate This Recipe
NUTRITION (per serving)
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips, sugar-free white (substitution), no-added-sugar option
- Put all ingredients in a bag or container to be used in the backcountry.
- Eat as-is and enjoy!
VOLUME OF MEAL WHEN PREPARED
- Approximately 1 1/4 cup per serving (dry)
- Total sugar (per serving): 43 g, including 8 g added sugar
- For a no-added-sugar recipe, replace white chocolate chips with sugar-free white chocolate chips.
- This recipe is calorically dense and low-volume.
Disclaimer: Backcountry Foodie is an Amazon Affiliate, which means that if you choose to purchase a product from a link on this page we could potentially receive a small commission to help support ongoing recipe development.
Did you enjoy this ultralight backpacking trail mix recipe?
Click here to learn more about Backcountry Foodie’s ultralight recipes and meal planning service.
Hungry for more?
Here are more recipes you’ll likely enjoy…
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake – No-Cook Meal Replacement Recipe
- Mixed Berry Crumble – Dessert Recipe
- Brownie Batter Hummus – No-Cook Dessert Recipe
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Aaron Owens Mayhew, MS, RDN, is a registered dietitian and ultralight long-distance backpacker with over 20 years of nutrition and backpacking experience. She’s also the founder and owner of Backcountry Foodie, online ultralight recipes and meal planning platform for backpackers. She also enjoys teaching hikers, like you, about backpacking nutrition via live virtual masterclasses. You can follow Aaron’s adventures in the kitchen and the backcountry via Instagram and Facebook.