Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
This delicious shake is a Backcountry Foodie fan favorite. It's quick & easy to prepare at home or while resupplying in town. Keep the shake mix in your hip belt pocket for refueling on the go. It's also a great meal replacement when you're not feeling hungry but need the calories and nutrition. Give this one a try!
Rate This Recipe
NUTRITION (per serving)
- substitution - Carnation Breakfast Essentials™ drink mix, Light Start chocolate powder, no added sugar option
Add 8 oz (240 mL) cold water to the container. Add more or less water to reach the desired flavor.
Stir or shake vigorously to mix well.
Massage the bag with your fingertips or use a utensil to break up any lumps as peanut powder may clump.
- Total sugar content (per serving): 45 g including 12 g added sugar
- To reduce added sugar content by 12 g, use the Carnation Breakfast Essentials™ Light Start (sugar-free) product.
- Many peanut powder brands are available for purchase (i.e., PB Fit®, Anthony’s®, Emergency Essentials®) at grocery stores or online. We recommend reading food labels and choosing peanut powder containing only peanuts. Many contain added sugar.
- To reduce calories by 200, use non-fat milk powder in place of whole milk powder.