What does this cookbook offer that other backpacking cookbooks don’t?
- Recipes created and field tested by Aaron Owens Mayhew, a long-distance backpacking dietitian
- Calories provided by each recipe range from 128 to 182 calories per ounce
- Minimal water required for preparation which means less weight in your backpack
- Low volume meals are perfect for the limited space in bear cans
- Detailed nutrition information allows you to meet your personal nutrition goals
- Net weight for each recipe allows you to easily tally your food weight
- Table of Contents button located on each recipe allows you to quickly jump from recipe to recipe without scrolling
- Ingredients sourcing links included in each recipe reduces time spent shopping
- Recipe label templates can be printed and included with each meal – put down that Sharpie!
Wow! That’s a lot to offer, right?
Guess what? The cookbook offers even more…
- Recipes are dry ingredients-based recipes, no dehydrator needed
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and nut-free recipes included
- Recipes are freezer bag style which means meals do not require simmering
- Cook, no cook and cold soak recipes included
This is the most unique backpacking meal recipes cookbook you’ll find.
Adobe Acrobat Reader provides the best reading experience for our cookbook.
You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free here.
About the Author:
Aaron Owens Mayhew, MS, RDN, CD has practiced as a registered dietitian for the last eighteen years. She earned a Master’s Degree in Nutrition from Tufts University in 2001 and has since launched her own business, Backcountry Foodie LLC, in January 2018. With her business, she combines her passion for food and outdoor adventure by writing cookbooks including personally trail tested recipes and ultralight meal planning consulting services. Aaron’s bucket list of adventures is endless as is her passion for educating outdoor explorers about eating healthy for peak performance.
Check out our blog for our favorite meal planning tips and tricks!